North East Lincolnshire Health Trainers
Health trainers are able to offer people a health 'stock take', to help them assess how their way of life might be impacting on their health and the sorts of changes that might be beneficial to them. For many people this sort of support will be all they want.
But people are not all the same and some may need more specialised help. Health trainers will be able to help people access other support, both from their local community and from specialised services such as the NHS Stop Smoking Services or sexual health services, or advice and support on diet and exercise.
Part of the Health Trainers role is to be visible and known within their local Community. Health Trainers are based in a variety of community locations.
They will see clients in various venues around these areas. Health Trainers are:
- Employed by North East Lincolnshire Council
- Local people with good local knowledge
- Have undergone a full time training programme
- Working out of community locations
Health Trainers will:
- Work with individuals to make a health change. The service is available to anyone over the age of 16 years contemplating health improvement
The client chooses the change they wish to make
- Plan a programme with people to suit their needs
- Help people to stay on track
- Work on behavior changes
Health Trainers Provide information and support on
- Healthy eating (nutrition)
- Physical Activity
- Improving mental well being
- Improving sexual health
- Reducing smoking
- Reducing drugs and alcohol harm
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Or any other health related area.
If you would like to talk to a Health Trainer please see contact details.
Who to contact
Telephone: 01472 325500
Name: Lifestyle Services
Address: Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire DN35 8LN
Referral Details: Web Referral: http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/resident/health-and-social-care/lifestyle-services/